General Frequently Asked Questions
1. I already have a FirstCNB-Rewards.com account. Do I need to create a brand new account to add my checking account information so that I may continue participating in the FirstCNB-Rewards program?
No. Simply sign in to your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account, click “My Account” to access the eDeposit feature.
2. I have never created an FirstCNB-Rewards.com account. Can I still sign up?
Yes! If this is your first time to the FirstCNB-Rewards.com site, click “New Account, Start Here” on the Home Page and enter your information in the spaces provided. Then click “Save and Continue” to save your information.
3. I am getting an error message when trying to save my checking account information. It says that my account is not found. What does this mean?
If you receive an error message that your account is not found, you may be entering a checking account number that is not eligible for the FirstCNB Rewards program. Please make sure the checking account number you enter is the checking account number attached to the debit card you use. Or, you may be entering the correct account number, but the zip code is not the corresponding zip code for the address on your checking account. Please make sure your zip code matches the one found on your checking account information.
If your checking account is less than 30 days old, you will need to wait to add your account information until the 30 day period is over. You can still create your rewards account by leaving the account number and zip code fields blank and completing the rest of the required information. After 30 days, when you are signed in to your rewards account, click “My Account” to access the eDeposit feature. Then, you can add your account number and zip code to link your account number with your rewards account. You will begin to receive points the following month.
4. Is it safe to enter my checking account number online?
Yes, the FirstCNB Rewards.com website has several security features in place to ensure that your personal information remains private.
5. If I do not want to enter my account number, can I still participate in the FirstCNB-Rewards program?
Since certificates for points earned are automatically deposited into your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account, you must link your checking account to your rewards account. The only way to do this is by entering your checking account information into your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account.
6. I just linked my FirstCNB-Rewards.com account to my checking account for the first time. How do I get my points?
You will receive points for the month in which you are signing up as well as the previous month. For example, if you sign up in June you will receive points earned for May and June in July. In August you will receive your points for July and it will continue in that monthly cycle.
7. How often will my points be added to my account?
Once you’ve linked your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account to your checking account, accrued points will be automatically added to your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account on a monthly basis.
8. Will you let me know when my points are added?
Points will be added to accounts by the 15th of each month, so you will want to check your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account each month after the 15th to see the points you’ve accrued. You may receive a notification when certificates are deposited.
9. How will I know when my certificates expire if they are automatically added for me?
When you are signed in to your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account, click “Rewards” and “Certificates”. You will see all of your active certificates, their point value and the expiration date for each.
10. Why are you no longer mailing paper certificates?
In our efforts to “Go Green” and cut down on paper waste, we have decided to update our systems to the e-Deposit method. Not only does it help the environment, but it helps save you time by no longer having to enter your certificates manually.
11. What if I do not have an email address?
You will need to have an email address to create a FirstCNB-Rewards.com account. If you do not have an email address, there are a variety of sites online that offer free email addresses.
12. How do I earn rewards points?
There are several methods available for you to accrue rewards points.
You must link your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account to your checking account(s) to earn points for everyday purchases. You’ll earn one point for every $100 spent with a signature transaction and one-half point for every $100 spent with a PIN transaction. Points earned will be deposited directly into your FirstCNB-Rewards.com account each month.
· You can earn additional rewards points through our 50 for 40 program. When you swipe your card 40 times or more in a month, you will receive an additional 50% more points for that month. For example, if your swipes earned you 10 points, and you swiped more than 40 times, you will receive an additional 5 points that month for a total of 15 points.
· You can also earn extra points by shopping online through the merchants listed at FirstCNB-Rewards.com. Simply sign in to your account and click on SHOP ONLINE for all of the details.
· Finally, you may also receive mailers from time-to-time with additional promotions and ways to earn points. Keep your eye out for those!
eDeposit Frequently Asked Questions
1. My family has several accounts under different account holder names, and we have been putting all of our paper certificates into one online Rewards account. Will we still be able to do this with eDeposit?
Yes, you may enter up to 5 different account numbers to link to one online Rewards account. They do not have to have the same account holder names on them.
2. What if I need to remove one of the accounts from the eDeposit due to an account closing or perhaps that person no longer wants to share points? Can accounts be removed?
Yes, you may add, update or remove linked checking accounts at any time by signing in to your online Rewards account and clicking “My Account” to access the eDeposit feature.
3. What if I open another checking account at First Citizens National Bank at a later date, can I add that account to eDeposit at a later time?
Yes, whenever you enter a paper certificate you will be reminded that you may link your accounts to the Rewards eDeposit. Or you can add an account at anytime by signing in to your online Rewards account and clicking “My Account” to access the eDeposit feature.
4. Will I receive any notification letting me know that new points have been added?
Yes. You will receive an email when points are added.
5. I have never had to enter my checking account number online before, will my information be safe?
Yes, when you sign up for the eDeposit feature you will notice some security features in place that have to be completed for your information to be accepted, and we also have several internal features in place to safeguard the security of your account information.
Cash-Back Frequently Asked Questions
1. I made an online purchase without using the rewards website eMerchant link. Can I still get cash back for my purchase?
Unfortunately, only purchases made through the rewards website eMerchant links are eligible to receive the cash back feature. However purchases made outside of the rewards website are still eligible to receive standard debit card usage points.
2. When do I get the cash back for making a purchase through the rewards website eMerchant link?
Any cash back earned will be deposited into your account on or around the 15th of the month following the month of purchase.
3. What if I have selected to receive cash back and points for my eMerchant purchases?
Any cash back earned will be deposited into your account on or around the 15th of the month following the month of purchase. Any rewards points earned will be deposited into your rewards account on or about the 15th of the month following the month of purchase.
Electronic Gift Card Questions
1. What is the difference between e-gift cards and regular gift cards?
E-gift cards are sent to you digitally in your rewards account, so that you may access them immediately after you have placed your order. Standard gift cards are mailed, and will ship from our warehouse within 5 business days after your order is placed. Delivery time subject to US Postal Service delivery process.
2. I placed my order, but did not receive the link for my selection. What should I do?
First, check your Junk Mail and/or Spam file for the email. If you do not see it in either or those areas, please call or email our member service department.
3. Am I limited to how I use my e-gift card?
Redemption options vary by retailer. Depending on the e-gift card, they can be used in-store, online, via catalog or any combination of those. Please visit the retailer's online website for specific gift card terms and conditions.
4. Can I redeem my e-gift card in a store using a mobile device?
Redemption options vary by retailer. Please visit the retailer's online website for specific gift card terms and conditions.
5. How can I check the e-gift Card balance?
Check the terms and conditions on your e-gift Card for specific information on how to check a specific e-gift card balance.
6. Do I have to use the balance all at once? Or can I make multiple purchases at different times?
No, you may continue to use your e-gift card until the balance is zero. With some e-gift card codes, when you re-visit the retailer website after a purchase, you may see an updated balance for the new value of the e-gift card code. This may vary by brand.
7. Will my e-gift card expire?
Expiration dates may vary by retailer. Please read the terms and conditions for your e-gift card for more information.
8. If I want to print my e-gift card, do I need to use a special printer?
Most standard office and home printers are able to print e-gift cards. Quality of printing may vary by the printer used, however, the most important thing is that the code number below the e-gift card print clearly.
9. Do I need to print the e-gift card in color?
No, the e-gift card does not need to be printed in color.
10. What happens if I lose the e-gift card I printed?
You can always access your e-gift card information by clicking "Order History" when you are signed in to your rewards site and selecting the appropriate gift card in your history.
11. My e-gift card instructions include using a secret code. Where do I find this?
Some e-gift cards require a secret code in order to be accessed. If you were issued a code, it will be found in your e-gift card redemption instructions. You will be prompted to input your secret code when you try to open your e-gift card.
12. What if I lose my secret code?
You can always access your secret code by clicking the "Order History" option and selecting the appropriate gift card in your order history.
My Rewards™ Gold and Platinum Debit Cards Overview
1. What is the monthly cost for a My Rewards™ Gold or Platinum Debit Card?
The monthly subscription fee for the My Rewards™ Gold Debit Card is $9.95 per card..
The monthly subscription fee for the My Rewards™ Platinum Debit Card is $14.95 per card.
This fee will be deducted from your checking account on a monthly basis.
2. If I have multiple checking accounts, can I get a My Rewards™ Gold or Platinum Debit Card for each account?
Yes, but the fee for each checking account is ($9.95) per month for the Gold Card and ($14.95) per month for the Platinum Card.
3. Can I get My Rewards™ Gold or Platinum Debit Cards for my joint account holders?
Yes, you may enroll joint account holders.
4. What’s included in the Medical Evacuation and Travel Assistance Services, Roadside Assistance, Extended Warranty and Buyers Protection benefits?
5. How do I access the Medical Evacuation and Travel Assistance Services, Roadside Assistance, Extended Warranty, Buyers Protection and expedited card replacement benefits if I need to file a claim or need assistance?
Please call the benefits hotline at 855-798-0010 and follow the prompts to access the appropriate benefits.
My RewardsTM International Assistance: 954-908-7277
6. When does the Gold and Platinum card fee get deducted from my account?
Unless you have enrolled in the program using a promo code, your initial debit will occur on the next chronological ACH Debit Day following a 14-day period from your enrollment date. “ACH Debit Day” is defined as any one of the following days in a month: the 1st, 8th, 15th or 23rd. Should your ACH Debit Day fall on a weekend or federal banking holiday, your initial debit will occur on the next Business Day. “Business Day” is defined as any day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or federal banking holiday in the United States. All subsequent debits shall occur monthly, or the next available Business Day (e.g., if your initial debit occurs on March 8th, your future monthly debits will occur on April 8th or the next available business day, May 8th or the next available business day, June 8th or the next available business day, etc.).
7. How do I cancel the Program if I no longer wish to continue?
There are three ways to cancel the program. You can go online at the following website address: www.firstcnb-rewards.com/cancel:
call 855-798-0010, or by written notice sent to PO Box 2600, Wilmington, NC 28402. Please allow 3 business days prior notice to cancel this authorization. A “business day” is defined as a calendar day other than a Saturday, Sunday, or a Federal holiday in the United States.
Signing Up for a My Rewards ™ Gold or Platinum Debit Card
1. How do I sign up for the My Rewards™ Gold or Platinum Debit Card?
There are many ways to sign up for the Program. You sign up online at http://Card.FirstCNB-Rewards.com, by phone 855-798-0010
or in-person at one of our branch locations.
2. Why do you need to confirm last four digits of my social security number?
We can identify your account quickly this way to determine which account to debit the monthly fee. By confirming only four digits of your social security number, we provide the highest level of security.
3. Will you access my credit reports or credit score?
No, credit reports and credit scores are not used for this service.
4. If I have multiple checking accounts, which one should I use?
It is entirely up to you. We suggest you use the checking account that you make deposits in most frequently.
5. What if my account number does not show up when I try to link my account to this service?
Please call the benefits hotline with questions.
Rx Savings Card
1. I am on Medicare. Can I still use the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card?
You should not use the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card for prescriptions already covered by Medicare. Your Medicare coverage should provide a bigger discount. If the prescription is not covered by Medicare and you normally would pay retail pricing, you may use this feature for that prescription.
2. Can I use the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card if I have insurance?
Yes, you may use the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card if you have insurance. However, we recommend that you check with your pharmacist to inquire whether use of the card will save you money in the following circumstances:
· The drug being purchased is not covered under your insurance plan.
· There is a cap on coverage that you have exceeded which will cause all future prescription costs in the plan year to be paid at 100% cost out of pocket.
· You have a high annual deductible on your insurance plan that you will not be able to reach given a low monthly prescription drug expense. For example: $800 deductible with a monthly drug cost of $25.
· You have a high co-pay which will exceed the cost of the prescription if you use the Rx Savings Card. For example: $15 co-pay for all prescriptions but your drug prescription is $8 when the Rx Savings Card is used vs. coverage by your insurance.
3. Are there any age or medical condition restrictions when using My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card?
No, there are no restrictions due to age or health conditions you may be experiencing.
4. Where can I use the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card?
You may use the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card at over 60,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including all major chains. To find a participating pharmacy, please use our pharmacy locator on this website, or call Customer Service toll-free at 855-798-0010 to reach the 24-hour Pharmacy and Member Help Desk.
5. What if my pharmacy will not accept the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card?
All participating pharmacies found using the pharmacy locator should accept the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card. If you are denied the use of your card at a participating pharmacy, please call Customer Service toll-free at 855-798-0010 to reach the 24-hour Pharmacy and Member Help Desk to resolve the service issue.
6. How do I get my pharmacy to participate if it does not?
7. How do I know I am getting the lowest price?
Pharmacy prescription drug prices vary in both retail and wholesale pricing. Participating pharmacies in the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card program have contracted to offer a discounted price to Rx Savings Card holders. If the pharmacy’s usual retail price is lower than the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card discounted price, the participant should pay the lower price to ensure they are getting the best deal.
8. How do I get the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card?
You will receive the My Rewards™ Rx Savings Card in the Welcome Kit for the program. You may also print a card directly from this website under the Rx Savings tab.
My RewardsTM Platinum Debit Card Cell Phone Protection
1. What is covered under this plan?
Coverage is provided only for device damage rendering the device no longer able to perform the function for which the device is intended (i.e., damage causing a cell phone to be unable to make and receive calls, etc.)
2. Who is covered under this plan?
Any My Rewards Platinum cardholder and any person utilizing a supplemental telephone line itemized on a My Rewards Platinum cardholder’s wireless provider statement are covered under this plan.
3. Is a cracked screen covered under this plan?
This would be covered only if the damage is extensive enough to render the device no longer able to perform the function for which the device is intended (i.e., damage causing a cell phone to be unable to make and receive calls, etc.) Cosmetic damage alone is not covered under this plan.
4. If I drop my cell phone in water is the damage covered?
If the water damage renders the device no longer able to perform the function for which the device is intended (i.e., damage causing a cell phone to be unable to make and receive calls, etc.), then yes, this would be covered.
5. Is there any limit on the number of claims I can make under this plan?
Yes, the plan provider will approve a maximum of 2 claims per rolling 12-month period under this plan.
6. Is there a dollar limit to the claims approved?
Yes, the plan provider will approve a maximum of $500 per claim, and you will be responsible for the payment of a $50.00 deductible per claim approved.
7. Is there a time limit for reporting my claims?
Claim notice must be given no later than sixty (60) days following the damage or theft, or as soon as reasonably possible. If the claim is reported after 60 days following the date of damage or theft, the claim may be denied.
8. How do I file a claim or obtain assistance?
To initiate a claim or to request assistance, please call (855) 798-0010.
9. What if I have other questions regarding the coverage benefits?
For questions not answered in these FAQs, please visit FirstCNB-Rewards.com/BenefitGuide.